Friday, April 27, 2012

Temper Temper

Ok Mommiy's here is a fun little story that might make you laugh, I can now laugh at it. I have been keeping Olivia on her schedule with baby sitters so when I go back to work it won't be a huge change for her. So Wednesday I had both kids at home by myself for the first time.

It was going great we got up and watched some cartoons. Olivia got a little breakfast while I fed the little man and then she sat quietly in the living room playing Barney on my phone until I was finished in the shower. I was even able to do my hair, get dressed, put makeup on all without a peep from Olivia. So I decided to take them both and run to Target for a quick diaper pickup and then to Hobby Lobby to get a few things for Olivia's birthday party.

We got there and I put Benjamin in the baby bjorn and Olivia nicely walked from the parking lot into Target holding my hand. Yup and then it went down hill, I went to put her in the cart and there it was every Mom's nightmare (at least mine). She threw a temper tantrum in the front of Target, laying on the ground screaming and crying. All because she wanted to walk. I just didn't have enough hands for this! So 5 minutes after walking in we were finally making our way towards the diapers, me pushing the cart, holding her hand, and her crying at the top of her lungs.

Yes, she cried like this almost the whole time. As we made our way quietly to the check out I had forgotten the cute little toys they keep at the checkout line. There she was pulling the little Barbie's off and picking out which one she wanted and then the little Barbie phones that were next to them. I asked her to put them away several times, I put them back several times, and then I had a stroke of genius. I told her to give them to the lady, put her in the cart while we were being checked out, and gave the lady a sign that I would not be purchasing those toys. She still hasn't realized that I didn't buy them.

By the time we got home it was lunch time followed by nap time. It took me an hour to get her to sleep! But once she was out, Benjamin fell asleep to. It was the best hour I have ever had! The rest of the went ok, not smoothly but better then my Target trip. Needless to say I was thrilled when Ben walked in the door that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment