Thursday, July 5, 2012

Monster's

I never thought that kids so young could imagine monsters anywhere.

For the past 2 month's (maybe less) Olivia has become familiar with the idea of a monster. We are not entirely sure where it began from but so far it has been harmless. During the day she will say that there is a monster in the backyard or out the window. We have never acted as if that monster was scary or dangerous. I would just ask what he was doing or what color he was (always pink)? What kind of pink anything is scary? She has never seemed to be bothered by them except when she said there was one in the kitchen who wanted to play and she didn't want to. So I told her to tell him to go away because she didn't want to play with him.

That is up until last night. Olivia jumped out of our bed and went to her room in search of new PJ's (why I am still not sure). Ben and I just laid in bed figuring that she would return, instead we hear her crying for Daddy. So off he went to find her, where did he find her? Hiding in her closet because she said that there was a monster outside of her room. Oh that made me so sad. I don't want her to be frightened, even though I am sure that she saw the tree. But in the dark of her room and outside one can never be sure.

Poor little girl, how am I going to fix this one?

1 comment:

  1. One of my younger siblings had a monster in their room (can't remember which sibling). Anyway, my Dad took the He-Man sword and went into their room to get rid of the monster. From downstairs we could hear them both fighting, then the noise stopped and the toilet flushed. My Dad was victorious and the monster was flushed away! ;)

    ReplyDelete