Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Olivia's 1st Thanksgiving

This year Ben and I have so much to be thankful for, the most precious gift we have ever received, Olivia. Not only was it her first Thanksgiving but it was also Ben and mine. We decided that we would do Thanksgiving in our home for the first time. I began cooking on Wednesday and we were both up early Thursday morning to finish the feast. Luckily for us Olivia decided to sleep until 8:30! By 9:30 I had appetizers out and a glass of wine in my hand. (Do not judge me...it was 5 O'Clock somewhere.) Bring on the Macy's Parade!






Oakley's Thanksgiving Meal


We were all able to sit and enjoy a beautiful day. Even Olivia was able to take part and her feast was sweet potatoes. Ben cooked his first turkey and it was delicious. By the amount of food you would have thought that I channeled my Mother-in-Law! She feeds an army even if it is just us, you will never go hungry when you come to their home for a meal.

That afternoon we were off to our 2nd meal of the day and it was another great time with our family. We celebrated Julie's Birthday that night with lots of cake and cupcakes. Olivia was in the football pool and she won $25, her piggy bank is filling up so fast.

OK so Ben and I braved the insane people who began there shopping at 10pm Thursday night and went out for a few hours. Let me just say that Ben and I have agreed that we will never be doing that again. We will save our Black Friday shopping for Friday afternoon. Olivia was even able to get in on the shopping action, (no it was not at night but Friday afternoon! Someone has to show her the ropes. Aunt Vicky will be telling Olivia stories of that night when she is old enough to understand how loved she is and how none of us will be that brave again.

I forgot my camera when we went to our 2nd Meal so I will have to add photos at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment