Monday, May 21, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

...it was off to work I went!

Yup, back to work this past Monday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I mean don't get me wrong I missed those kids like crazy. But it was nice to get back into the swing of things.

I am still super lucky that our families are able to watch them, although we are looking at starting Olivia in day care in the next few weeks. Monday's they spend with my Dad and then the rest of the week they are at my Grandmother's house.

Our new routine is Mommy gets up at 5am to pump, shower, and blowdry before Daddy leaves at 6:15am. Then it's makeup, clean bottles and pump pieces, make sure everything is ready, and put all bags in the car. Monday's I have a little more time to relax since Papa comes to pick them up, I can actually sit and have some tea while I watch the news. Tuesday-Friday I have to leave the house by 7am. So I pack Benjamin in the carseat and put him in the car and once he is in, I wake Olivia up and put her in beside him. I am at work by 8am and ready for the day. I have been able to pick the kids up between 4-5pm and we are home by about 6pm just in time for dinner, bathtime, and finally time for bed. By then I am exhausted, we haven't even had the slightest bit of interest in TV before bed. Needless to say I am really going to enjoy our weekends just that much more now.

Work is still the same, the only thing that has changed since I left is my office location. Jamie was sharing an office with another recruiter and decided she wants to look at my beautiful face every day instead. So we now share the largest office.

It is still an odd thing to be pumping at my desk, but I am getting used to it, not that I can say the same for poor Jamie who gets an eyefull every 3 hours or so.

My View
 
Jamie's View


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that your family can watch the kids! And I can't believe your grandmother is young enough to watch them!!

    ReplyDelete