Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh Deer!

My sister and I packed up the kiddos last Thursday after work and got on the road in the rain to head to Myrtle Beach. It was a quiet ride most of the way other then listening to the sound of the rain on the car (which we drove through almost the entire way). Benjamin feel asleep and Olivia cried for 30 minuets for me to sit in the backseat with her while she tried to go to sleep as well. Unfortunately I was driving. The last part of our drive is a 2-3 hour stretch from I-95 to Myrtle Beach on a mostly desolate Route 17 which goes mostly with no lights on it. I have driven this many times in the last 3 years and am pretty familiar with it. I am always reminded to be very careful and to ensure the car is full of gas so there will be no need to stop.

So as usual we were all set as we pulled off 95 and began our journey down 17, only after being on the road for about 45 minuets a deer ran out on the left side of the road between some big orange barrels and cut right in front of my car. I hit it at about 9:30 at night on the road with no lights. The kids were still sleeping as I freaked out and Jamie kept telling me to stop so we could check out the car. But I insisted that we keep driving as visions of us stopped on the side of the road only to be stolen or attacked rushed through my head. No as long as my car could drive I was going. We made it to the closest gas station and checked out the damage, not terrible but my front end needs to be fixed.


Our trip was off to a great start! Luckily we made it the rest of the way without further incidence. We enjoyed another weekend visiting with Memom, Pop, Aunt Bev, and Uncle Dennis. Mom, Jamie, the kids, and I entertained them. We went shopping and did lots of eating. Everyone loved meeting the newest addition to our family and talked about how BIG he is.


Aunt Bev cleared out some of her treasures and sent them home with Jamie for her new apartment. I am still not sure how I fit everything in my car to come home.

I can't wait until August when the whole Koch family will be together again for my cousin Amanda's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment