Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unconditional Love

So many people have asked me the same question...

..."Has having Olivia changed your life?"

My answer has always been the same...

"Yes."

The minute I found out that I was pregnant my life changed, for the better. We all know of the changes that go on physically during pregnancy, but not many share the ones that a first time mother goes through on the inside. You have another person who is relying on you to stay alive. It is a huge responsibility, one that Ben and I were ready to conquer. 

Precious Olivia

However, to expand on my answer that yes, indeed having Olivia has changed my life. She is the most important person in it and the most fun we have had. My life has more meaning today then it did last year at this time. I never knew that someone so tiny could bring so much joy and fulfillment to me. I am satisfied sitting and watching her every move. I don't need to watch TV, I have daily entertainment in my own house.

Just before we found out we were expecting!


The moment our lives changed!

Ben and I still get to do the things that we did before she arrived, they just take a bit longer now. It's not easy to get out of the house quickly, because we would forget half of the things we need. There is a mental checklist that you must go through to walk out that door. Dinner out is sometimes a challenge, but one we manage to get through with tons of laughter. The one night at Chili's Ben was feeding Olivia and I was feeding Ben and myself. I do wish on more then one occasion that I had more hands! I run my errands with Olivia and mostly she is content to watch the scenery as we stroll through the mall or other places. Yet, there are other times where I feel like I am running a marathon where instead of cheers there is screaming and crying. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!

Olivia is the biggest and best change in my life, I live for her. 

I feel that Ben and I are closer and stronger because of her. She is teaching us a new way to love. One that is unconditional! There is nothing that she will ever do to make me stop loving her. Her smiles and laughter are what makes our world go round.


No comments:

Post a Comment