Tuesday, August 30, 2011

10 Weeks

30 Weeks to go! Gosh that seems like such a long time, but I know from experience that it goes by in the flash of an eye.
10 Weeks
I started off week 10 with a visit to Dr. P and what a visit it turned out to be. Peed in a cup and got weighed, tried to get them to use the weight that I got at home with no clothes on (didn't work out but at least it made the nurse laugh). Dr. P came in and tried to check the heartbeat but since it's so early he said he may not be able to hear it and he was right. So after my 'smear' I got a special little treat, they brought in the small sonogram machine so we could see the heartbeat.

Yea, I got to see the little peanut. At this stage it looks like an alien with the shape of the face but Dr. P said it kinda reminds him of a teddy bear because they have a round little tummy and tiny arm and leg buds beginning to develop. I didn't get a picture to bring home but I have one of Olivia from her 11 week sonogram that looks identical.

According to my iPhone app The baby is the size of a prune (about an inch and a half long) and bones and cartilage are forming this week. Along with that the teeth buds are forming and elbows, ankles, and knees. Wow!!! So much going on in there, which must be why I have been feeling so horrible lately. I surely feel worse then I did with Olivia.

Olivia at 11 Weeks. The new baby looked the same. So cute!
Next appointment will be September 26 and should be a quick in and out appointment. But at this one I should be scheduled for our Gender Sonogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment