Monday, August 22, 2011

We Are Expanding Our Home By 2 Feet

Yup, that's right our little family is growing by 2 more little tiny feet. Ben and I are expecting baby number 2 the end of March.

Olivia is going to be a BIG SISTER!

I found out while I was on our Girl's Getaway that I indeed was pregnant so yes, Kristen was the first to find out. Sunday I was anxious to get home to share the big news with Ben. I decided to take a picture of me and put the words Baby on my belly with the due date below. I made a few stops on the way to purchase a Big Sister shirt for Olivia and an album to put the picture in (along with baby pics of Olivia with her Daddy). Once I was settled in I called Ben into the bedroom and told him that Olivia had a present for him and she gave him the book and together they looked at all the pictures. When he came to the last photo it took him a minute to realize exactly what it meant but he was very excited.






Week 5 Day 2:
A big welcome back to my long lost friend morning sickness and by friend I mean enemy, nemesis, etc. I have been told that every pregnancy is different and I sure was hoping that part would be different as in nonexistent. Unfortunately it hit hard on Tuesday (4 days after I found out that I was pregnant). The only good thing is that it generally means that all is well in baby land. I just hope that it doesn't last the 6 month's that it did the first time.

Week 6:
First Doctor's appointment, well hello Dr. P we have missed you! By the way we LOVE our doctor and even more now that he said he only has my weight gain as 29 pounds with Olivia!! Whoop Whoop. I had myself at 45 pounds, now I have to say that I was already 8 weeks along when I saw him and I was at my skinniest because of the wedding. Either way I'll take it.

It was pretty normal pee'd in a cup, he went over the do's and don'ts set up all my next appointments and I was on my way.



6 Weeks 5 Days
Can we say bloated? Trust me I am (was not) that big!

Ultrasound August 15
Paperwork: August 23
Dr. Visit August 29

Week 7: Not a great week, it started out with poor weather and me feeling pretty horrible as well. I have been feeling quite light headed and super nauseous. Thanks to my dear friend Elizabeth I tried a new solution to the morning (anytime all the time) sickness, Sea Bands. They are little wrist sweaters as I like to call them, with pieces that press on some pressure point. It actually works to an extent, meaning I still feel nauseous but not as bad as it is without them.

Week 8: Monday we were off for our first visit with the baby. We were so excited and even got to take Olivia with us. She sat in Daddy's lap just watching the screen obviously not having a clue what the blob up there is. But it was still cute to watch her. This week I will say that my bottoms are getting a little on the tight side, I guess it is time to break out the belly band. (It was amazing during the first pregnancy and I am sure I will love it just as much this time.)


Surely not the greatest picture but, meet our newest little Peanut!

1 comment:

  1. congrats. :) and as one currently preggo mommy to the next, because my nausea started at 5.5 weeks, and i'm 17 weeks now and still in utter hell, the one thing that got me through, so definitely worth checking it out, is zofran. it's perfectly safe, it's a dissolve on your tongue pill that they give chemo patients for nausea. i literally the first two weeks (before learning of said pill) couldn't get out of bed, and through up all day every day. now with the pill, i take it when i get up and eat something with it, it kicks in within 10 minutes and i'm great the rest of the day. definitely something i highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete