Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Head Meet Wall

 After the pain I endured for 28 hours of labor I thought the pain part was over. Except that it isn't, it's as if this little girl is still a very physical part of me. We had dinner at my grandparent's house on Sunday night. Olivia got so excited when Aunt Jamie walked in the door and as she turned around to walk back into the house she walked head first into the corner of the wall. Luckily for me I didn't see it happen, nope I just heard the loudest smack ever and then Olivia screaming hysterically. Of course I picked her up and tried to console her, meanwhile I couldn't see her face.

I took her into the other room to sit her with Ben so we could get some ice on her poor head. As I was sitting her in Ben's lap, that's when I saw it. A huge knot with a bright blue line right down the center of it. I freaked out, My mom had to take me into the other room so that I wouldn't upset her more. As many times as Olivia has hit her head, nose, and face, I think this was the worst. 

I am pretty good when it's not a bad accident, I can tell her to brush it off. When it comes to giant knots on her head, I am not so good at that. It hurts and not just her, I can feel it to. I cried this time, I felt like I could hardly breath in and her crying so hard made it hurt more. Just because we cut the umbilical cord doesn't mean we are separated, no she is made from us part him and part me. 

I made her and I know that I can not just put her in a bubble (even though I think now that Bubble Boys Parent's were genius) for the rest of her life, there are going to be many more bumps and bruises in the future. I will probably cry more because I am never going to be the mom who can separate her kids pain from their own. I have come to the conclusion that I will not be the first responder, but I will be there with hugs, kisses, and band aids!

10 minutes later Olivia was doing much better, Aunt Jamie asked her if she wanted to look in a mirror, so she did. She cried when she saw her head but only for a minute. Then it was off for the ultimate 'feel good' medicine, ICE CREAM, well we were at Mommom's after all. Not just ice cream but Hershey Kisses and M&M's, this kid is going to get hurt all the time if this is how she is treated afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment