Tuesday, November 13, 2012

List's, List's, & More Freakin List's

With 3 upcoming trips, decorating for the holiday's, and Christmas shopping to be done you can say that I am about drowning under a million lists. Packing list's, To Do List's, Christmas List's, and Cleaning List's galore.

Yes, that is my packing powerpoint! Don't judge, you know you like my organizational skills!
You would think with car trips to Myrtle Beach (3 times) and  Key West, a flight to Boston, Train trips, and a flight back to Orlando (all within the last 6 months), I should be a damn pro now of traveling with 2 small children after all the research I have done. I have sorted through Pinterest and other blogs with Mom's tips and tricks on what to pack and how to keep a kid occupied on flights and long car trips. What would I have done in the days before the internet? My anxiety would be through the roof (for those of you who don't know I am one of those OCD people who pack weeks ahead of time and then repack 3-5 times before I leave. Let me tell you my In-Law's think it's hilarious). To say I am a planner is an understatement! Anyway's I digress.

I still feel stressed to the max about forgetting something (like; car seats, strollers, toys, bottles, diapers...the list could go on and on.) So I live by lists and lots of them. Now let's add something new into the mix. For Thanksgiving we are traveling to Pennsylvania via plane. Not so bad right? That is until you think,

Hey Crazy Lady. Aren't you from Florida? You know where the weather
is hot and sunny most of the year. Don't you know it snowed there yesterday?

Yup this is one of those times where I wish that you could just snap your fingers and be there with all of your belonging's. Because between 4 people I'm sure that one suitcase isn't going to cut it. Especially now that I have to make sure my kids stay warm enough to come back with all their fingers and toes.


Yes, we (or should I say me) are working on getting organized about Christmas this year. With 2 kids and tons of family to buy for, we need an early start. That and my children aren't hurting for anything so trying to decide what to get them is a challenge. It's about things that stimulate their minds, things that encourage pretend, educational items.

As the days go on I will continue to change, update, and make new list's!

No comments:

Post a Comment