Monday, March 14, 2011

We Are Calling It "Spring Cleaning"

Our poor little one started with a runny nose this last week and we chalked it up to teething. But as the week progressed and her runny nose turned to cough and then she began to sound as if she had been smoking her entire life we knew it was more then a little tooth. On Friday I decided to see how she did over night to see if she got any better. Saturday morning she had not and in fact sounded a little worse so we headed to the doctor for a little peace of mind.

That I did not get, instead they had me hold my screaming child's arms above her head so they could swab her throat. 10 long minutes later they informed me that she had Strep throat and on top of that she said that she has never seen a case in a child under the age of one. This is very rare and they don't usually even check for strep in babies. Good, Daddy's out of town until late and I am one worried Mommy!

It is so hard to have a baby who is sick and can't tell you what hurts and how she feels. Now for 10 days she is on antibiotic to kick this thing out.

After her hopefully, contagious stage was over I got to spend Sunday disinfecting evey inch of our house and every toy. I never realized just how much she touches and puts in her mouth. In the midst of all this Ben took me to the CVS Minute Clinic because I  was feeling terrible and I thought "Oh Shit! I have strep." Thankfully I don't but I am on meds for a sinus infection. 2 down, who is next? The doctor asked me how horrible I feel on a scale of 1-10. I said "When you have a baby there is no time to feel horrible." So true, no time for me, must make the house clean for her.

So that was my weekend! It may not have been terrible exciting, but it ended with a nice walk to enjoy the fresh air. Now I can go back to being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment