Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Year



Today marks our 2 year anniversary (our first wedding) and a day that was so special. I remember waiting in the room ready just to walk down that aisle but it wasn't time. My cousin came in, my grandmother came in, and as each person came in and began to cry as they saw me in what was my mother's wedding dress 27 years before. I gave them a hug and nicely asked them to leave, I didn't want to start crying too!

Its funny as you look back on days like that what sticks out in your mind. My Mom and my sister were there the whole time, my Dad came in to see me for the first time, Pop waiting in the hallway just outside the room talking to me, at the last minute someone came in to ask me who was walking my Mother down the aisle (of course Big Andrew was the only one I would have choose), and then people began to walk down to their places. All of a sudden it was mine and Daddy's turn, I was nervous. Not about the destination or what it meant but leaving my family to make our own. I said I silent prayer that I would make a good wife, partner, and someday mother (who knew just how soon that would come about) then grabbed Daddy's hand and took that long walk!




Now 2 years later look where that walk has lead us, we are in an amazing place in our life as again we wait on the arrival of our 2nd child. We have had our bumps in the road, no one said the journey would be smooth but it has made our love that much stronger. He is the first person that I tell anything too, the first person I think about in the morning and the last person that I think about at night. I wouldn't change anything.

Happy 2 Years Buddy! I love you so much and I look forward to our weekend in Daytona!

No comments:

Post a Comment