Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Big 3-0


This is my family!
Well, it happened, what I have been dreading since the big 2-5, Sunday February 24, 2013, I turned 30! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, maybe because it felt like just another day. That and I certainly don't feel like 30.

Sunday night we celebrated with a take-out picnic on the living room floor with champagne while we (yup all 4 of us) watched Rapunzel. While I was sitting there I took stock of what the last 30 years has brought me and how lucky I really am. I'm not getting old despite what people might be telling me, I am growing in wisdom and into the person I want to be.

I am the mother of 2 of the most amazing babies and each day they teach me more and more about being patient, spontaneous, and the unimaginable way your love can grow. I am the other half to an awesome husband who challenges me to be stronger, more adventurous, and realistic. I am the daughter to two people who show more , understanding, and guidance then one could ever hope for. The unconditional love they have for us is the epitome of what parents are supposed to be. I hope to show my children the world they opened for me. I am the sister to one who has become my closest confidant and best of friends, the one who I count on for her honest opinion and loyalty. I am the granddaughter to two of the most wonderful beings that are with us on this great earth and those angels that I am fortunate to have watching over me from heaven. I have them to thank for this family whom I have been enormously blessed to receive.


In this last decade of my life my family has grown and I am now a daughter-in-law to two very kind and generous souls, like my own parents they want for us to thrive and are there to push us and care for us despite our age. We will always be their babies, something I have come to understand so much more. I am the sister-in-law to three and soon-to-be four more siblings, two sister's and two brother's. Each one of these people bring something different to my life. Humor is top of the list, but the ability they have to love my children as if they were their own is remarkable. I can only hope that when I am blessed with niece's and nephew's of my own that I show them what these 5 aunt's and uncle's do. Then I will hop them up on sugar and send them home. ;)


Even my family of aunt's, uncle's, and cousins have an impact on the person that I have become, no matter how close or far away.



I was celebrated at dinner surrounded by my family, 20 people who were there for me. How many people can say that? We actually celebrated with another dinner closer to my birthday at another one of my favorite Italian places.

Benjamin says "don't tell on me for having cake a little early"

Once we were leaving Olivia took my balloons and luckily they did not just pick her up and sweep her away. She carried them to the car all by herself and then proudly sat on the edge of Benjamin's car seat and sang to him.
Happy Birthday to Brother
Happy Birthday dear you
Happy Birthday dear you
Happy Birthday to Brother
Seriously the cutest thing ever. Even though we were trying to get her in her car seat so that we could get home.
I love her blue lips from the cake.
I have so much more I want to accomplish in the next decade and I can't wait to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment