Monday, May 16, 2011

While Daddy's Away...

...the girls will play!

Well, another weekend has come to a close and it sure has been a busy one. Ben left Thursday to spend the weekend in Key West for our friend's bachelor party and left Olivia and I to have some bonding time.

Now that Olivia is just about over her cold we thought she would be back to normal and in all but one way she is. Her sleeping pattern is way out of whack, we can't get through one night with her in her crib. She falls asleep and goes into her crib around 7:30-8PM and by the time 12AM rolls around she is screaming. So we have been comforting her and getting her back to sleep, but just as she reaches the mattress of the crib she magically wakes back up. After a week of this going on and her ending up sleeping in our bed, I am so over it. Don't get me wrong I love having her so close, but we can't sleep with her kicking and rolling even in a king size bed, there is no room for 3!!! How do I fix this?

On the other hand Friday night I was able to have a little girl time while Olivia stayed with my mom. My friend Kristen, my sister-in-law Vicky, and I went to dinner and then to see Bridesmaids. Let me tell you that was one of the funniest movies I have seen in awhile. I is a must see in my eyes! We finished off the night with dessert and champagne at Urban Flats. Yum!

Saturday there was no time to sleep in as we left early to head to Gainsville for Myles Bridal Shower. Thankfully I did not have to drive, my mother-in-law Darla did, and on the way home I was very grateful for that. It was a beautiful shower at a country club even though the weather was terrible, as some nasty storms were coming through. We had a delish lunch and dessert, and Myles received some great things for their new home. We are so excited for their wedding in just a couple of weeks.



Like I said the ride home from Gainsville was a adrenaline rush, as we were trying to out run a horrible storm that seemed to be chasing us down 75. There were several times where we thought at any moment a tornado was going to drop out of the sky right onto us. As long as I have lived here I don't think I have seen conditions quite like that. Those of you who live in Ocala probably see it more often.

Finally a day to rest but only for Olivia, as I planned on getting as many of her decorations finished up for her party, that is now only 6 days away. Mom and Kristen came to help and I am so happy they did. We got a lot done and I only have a little more to do. But the Ribbon Topiary is complete, the centerpieces are just about done, and the pom-pom's are finished. By the way what do people put in goodie bags now a days? By the time we were done with our craft's for the day it was time to pick up Daddy! Yea, he is finally home.







Ok so that ties up our weekend and we are already on to another one. Today Olivia is getting her ears pierced and there will be more on that tonight, if she cooperates.

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading your posts to the present and noted your dd is getting her ears pierced soon for her 1st B'day. Hope you don't mind me posting a comment.

    We pierced our dd at 10 mos after discussing with our ped who encouraged me to go ahead. She gave me some suggestions for "Moms having their dd's ears pierced." Don't know if you'd be interested in them, but if so write me an e-mail and I'll forward them to you promptly. They included how to find the right person/place and some OTC meds to minimize any discomfort from the piercing.

    Amy

    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete