Monday, May 23, 2011

My Baby Is ONE

Today was HER day!
How she woke up!

It was also the anniversary of the most blissful moment in my life and we could not have celebrated in a better way. Ben and I decided on a Luau as her theme, we liked the idea of weaving in a piece Hawaii because it means so much to the beginning of our story. It is where we were when we discovered our little miracle was on the way.

I had to borrow these words that so eloquently put how she was feeling about her oldest daughter's birthday. Since I was not able to put my feelings into words as beautifully as she did I will share her's:

If there is a heaven, then someday when I cross over there, I'd like to think my moment of entrance will be experiencing again those precious minutes when I became a mother. To do it again--to transform from wanting, hoping, and trying to imagine what it's going to be like to actually experiencing it--reaching out my arms to cradle her perfect body, pulling her in to kiss newborn skin, feeling this guttural lurch of a new love I couldn't quite explain--I'd go back a trillion times to feel it again if I could. I'd take the pain, the pushing, all of it just to remember again what it was like to be changed so instantly. To be overwhelmed by love in that way.
---Kelly Hampton

On Saturday night instead of a traditional bedtime story we read her the Shutterfly albums of her pregnancy and birth that I made for her. I wanted to start this tradition to ensure she knows just how special she is. Sunday morning when we heard her wake up Ben and I grabbed the video camera and camera and went in to sing to her. 




Her Luau began at 12 and she enjoyed every minute. Thank you to everyone who took the time to come, support us, and celebrate our little princess' big day. It was more perfect then I dreamed it would be!










No comments:

Post a Comment