Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

One year ago today, I was 2 weeks away from giving birth to our daughter. As we celebrated Mother's Day with our families, I could only wonder what this title would add to my life. I read the books and took in all the advise that was offered (wanted or not), but nothing could prepare me for the new chapter that we were about to write. I already saw myself as a mother, yet technically I was only a mother-to-be.



Last Mother's Day with my Mommy

Today is my first real Mother's Day, one I get to enjoy with my daughter! As I sit back to look on the last year and how this new role has changed me, along with my perspective for Mother's, I feel honored. Honored to be trusted with this amazing gift! I am not the perfect Mom, but every day Olivia teaches me more about myself. I have gained more patience and understanding then I thought was possible. My love for her has grown larger and deeper with every passing day.




I love my new role and will forever be grateful to the one who made me a Mommy! Olivia I love you more then you will ever know! Thank you for everything that you have brought to my life.

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mommy, who without I would not be half the mother I am today. To my Mother-In-Law Darla who has helped me stand up for myself. To my grandmothers who I could never say enough about. To all of my Mommy family, friends, and especially those who I share this beautiful 1st Mother's Day with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment