Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Mommy Milestone

I don't want to be presumptuous and say that I have many readers, but those of you who do read this maybe you will able to understand my plight.

I know that after we have a child we spend our days watching them grow and marking each of their milestones not only with a blurb in their book, but also with praise. But I now have to wonder why this ends when we get older? Where was my praise when I hit what to me is a MAJOR milestone in my life, one that before Olivia I never would have thought would happen to me.

Let me give you a little background: I found out that I was pregnant a week after our wedding and I was in the best shape of my life. 9 month's later I had gained 45lbs. Good News: I have lost 30 lbs but still have 15 to go.

Now since our honeymoon I have not been brave enough to wear a bikini. However in the next few month's we have a lot of time planned in the sand. So after all my hard work I have been putting in at the gym and some new workouts, I have decided that I should show my belly some love...the SUN! Today I ordered 2 bikinis from Victoria Secret and bought one from Target. So I felt as if I should get some of what we give Olivia when she began scooting, then crawling, and then walking, and for that matter any time she does something new...applause, "Great Job's", and lots of hugs!

I still don't feel like I should be wearing one but I am sick and tired of my tankini's. So they will be put away until baby #2. If you see me on the beach be kind and don't make fun. If I was really brave I would put up the pick of me in the one, but I am not! For all of you who are going through something similar I leave you with Applause, Great Job, and a virtual hug! Keep up the good work, I know I will.



Here's to that last 15lbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment