Monday, May 23, 2011

12 Month's

Oh my sweet angel, look at how you have changed over the last year!
Weight: 17.8lbs
Height: 28inches
It seems like just yesterday we were heading to the hospital to meet you, now I am sitting here writing about your 12 month. It's unbelievable how fast the time has gone. You are no longer a baby, you don't even look like it anymore. As you walk around the house your Daddy and I can't help but think of what a big girl you are and how you have changed.

This last month has been so busy and you have kept up with us so well. And in just this month you have gone from unsteadily taking a few steps to walking like you are on a mission. Which is usually to climb on the fireplace or take the outlet cover out. Yes, the childproof outlet cover in the kitchen is no challenge to you. I love that you show the fearlessness of your Daddy as you climb on and try to get down from just about anything. But, you also show some of my cautiousness when you walk, because when you are unsteady you take slow careful steps.

Your vocabulary is growing by the day and I can't help but think how smart you are. What other 1 year old can say flower, apple, and I love you. Along with those you can also say doggie (your favorite word and animal), wa wa (we are working on this one...water), duck and your newest one nigh nigh (night night). The greatest thing is that not only can you say these words, but you know exactly what they are.



We seem to be coming to an end of you hitting phase and have moved into a very loving and cuddly phase. You love to lay your head down on us or your stuffed animals and cuddle. Your Daddy and I love this and can not get enough. You have gone from doing ahh, baby (where you lovingly lay your head on...) to objects to doing it to Mommy, Daddy, Oakley, and anyone else. Your even getting friendlier with Oakley, you pet him (in your own way, which is a little rougher then I am sure he likes) and you have even figured out that if you hold your puffs over the side of your highchair he will take them out of your hand.

Just the other day you were trying to multitask by walking and drinking your bottle, when you slipped and fell. When you began to cry I picked you and up and said that you were OK and after a minute Gigi saw that you had your first bloody nose. One that I am sure will not be the last. But this is you, the one who does not want to miss anything. Not that I blame you, I am pretty sure that this comes from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment