Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home (at least for another year)

Now that I am picking my hair up off the floor and taping it back on my head. I am greatful that the past 2 crazy stressful weeks are over! Ok so I am being less then literal, I love my hair and no matter how much stress I have dealt with I will not pull it out.

Pesonal and work related craziness had me at my wits end but this week everything has returned to normal. The best news is that after moving each of the past FIVE years, thats right FIVE times in FIVE years, we are not moving this year. We are setting our goals and sticking to them, that of moving into our own home by the time our lease is up next August. We have been renting and are so sick of not having our own home.

Well, here is how this started (just to give you a little back ground):

My sister told us July first that she would be moving out. We thought about it and decided we wanted to try to save a little more money and not pay the amount of rent that we would alone. Ben went to the property manager and asked if they would consider lowering the rent. Within a hour they came back and said NO!!! So, Saturday morning (7/17) we found a rental sign in the yard. Now, I had been looking for a rental home for the past 2 weeks, all with no avail. Everything that was not a complete dump was WAY out of our price range and with a large dog moving into an apartment was out of the question.

So Monday after I found our house online with a raised rent, I called Ben went through our budget, and came to a decesion. Then I called our property manager and found out that his phones have been blowing up with people wanting to move in without even seeing it. I told him take it off the market we aren't leaving!!! Thankfully they love us and wanted us to stay as well.

Long story short, we aren't moving this year, for the first time in way to long.

I look forward to getting everything in order so by next summer we can begin the long awaited hunt for our very own HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment