Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th Weekend

I always wish that Holiday weekend's were longer, more time for family, friends, and relaxation. But instead we make the most out of what we have and boy did we ever. There were christening's, race days, beach days, bbq's, and birthday celebrations.

Saturday morning we went to Emma Grace's baptism and it was such a special day not only because she welcomed God into her life. But also because this was the first time we were able to meet Emma in person and not pictures. She is the most adorable baby and I can only hope that her and Olivia have a friendship like her Mommy Anna and I do.


Unfortunatly we couldn't stay long and our short visit with my BFF was over. It was time to race (literally) out to Daytona, after a quick pit stop to drop of Olivia and pick up Oakley. We need to be at the condo to meet up with everyone else if we wanted to make it to the Race on time. Make it we did with enought time to spare to get in on the bets. I got #20 Joey Longano, and #38 Travis Kvwapil (not sure on spelling), of course they are ones I haven't heard much about I prefer #88 Dale Jr. However you make the best and it sure did make for a fun and competitive race. We hung out in the pit's and fan zone with Julie and Wyatt and then made it to the stands in time for the race to begin.

My guy came in 3rd, behind Wyatt's who was 1st, and Chris' who was 2nd. Even Ben got some action with his guy coming in 4th! See I told you it was competitive, we had a blast.



Standing's...minus a lot of other people.
 Sunday was a nice relaxing day the first half we spent in the pullout bed watching the closing arguments and around noon we decided we should head down to the beach. The damn trial is just way to interesting!!! We commenced on the sand with some beer and Jellyfish wars. Who ever knew that I would be brave enough to pick up a jelly fish, even if they don't sting. But I did and I was right there throwing them with the rest of the boys. Even Olivia got to touch her first jelly fish and held it, my brave little punkin. A beautiful beach day was followed by a beach BBQ and Carribean Jacks for some dessert, Ben's favorite Banana's Foster!


Sunday was Funday in the pool for a couple hours before we headed back to Orlando to celebrate the 4th and my Mommy's birthday. Olivia got some much needed rest, sleeping the whole way there. We had some more pool time with Poppy and more BBQ. Of course topic of conversation was the Damn Trial (Casey Anthony), which is always fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment