Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Favorite Recipe

I am not a cook, it's not one of my favorite things to do, now I will make cakes any day. But I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes that you can do almost anything with. It's a spinach pesto and this week I mixed it with pasta, squash, zucchini, and steak.

Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Directions
Heat a grill pan on medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. You can add the parmesan either in the mixer or stir in after you transfer it to a pot.

Cook the squash and zucchini how you like, I sauteed it. Separately cook the meat and pasta. In a large bowl you can add all the ingredients and sprinkle with more parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment