Tuesday, January 17, 2012

30 Weeks {Benjamin}

30 Weeks

I can't believe that today we hit the 30 week mark yesterday and we only have 10 more to go before we meet this little guy. I am looking forward to seeing his little face for the first time and seeing who he looks like. Right now I am just sure he is going to be a soccer player, because he is so active and constantly is kicking and punching my insides. I am hoping that he is head down by this point and I am pretty sure he is but I will ask Dr. P on Wednesday when I go for my check-up. Good news is I feel great, a little more tired but no sickness, not to many growing pains or swelling. I have begun to experience Braxton Hicks in the past couple of weeks and as not pleasent as those are I know its just practice.

This past Friday Ben and I spent a little over 3 hours at the lab getting my 3 hour glucose test done. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being with Olivia. Although when I saw one of the technicians walk behind the counter I prayed he would not be taking my blood. This guy was over 6 feet tall, had arms bigger then my thighs put together, and looked like he should be in the NFL. So when they called me back I anxiously waited to see who would be coming into my room and there he came. You have to be kidding me, his hands are as big as my head how is he going to draw my blood. But I sat holding Ben's hand, not looking at what he was doing, and gave him warning that I was a big baby when it came to this. Before I knew it, it was over and he was making me drink that crap! The man was so quick but only left a little needle hole. More then I can say about the lady who did it the next time and blew my vein. So he did it 3 times and all I have are 3 little holes in my left arm and I have a big bruise in my right. 10 points to big burly guy.

Over the weekend I have begun working on one project that I wanted to do with Olivia but working in retail over 40 hours a week just didn't leave me the time. Cloth diaper burp cloths, we learned our lesson with the dinky ones they sell in stores they aren't big enough to catch anything. So I bought a 12 pack and went to work. I have 5 completely done and several pre-made just waiting for sewing. I may have to make one for Olivia since she wants to wipe her face with them. Back to the fabric store for her's.

                         Finished                                                                  Work In Progress
 







Well, with only 10 weeks to go you would think that we would be mostly ready for this little guy to arrive right? Haha not a chance here is the list of things that we still need to do.My goal is by March 1st they will all be crossed off:
-Clear out his room
-Paint the walls and baseboards (hopefully done in the next week)
-Order the furniture (which will be done by Feb. 1, its all picked out)
-Order bedding (part of it I ordered last week so that we could use it to pick out paint colors, it came yesterday and was the wrong one so it's going back today.)
-Finish the burp cloths
-Make a blanket (I did this for Olivia)
-Get our room set up for him
-Reorganize the kitchen cabinet to add bottles and things back in
-Find a diaper bag big enough for 2 kids (Yikes any suggestions???)
-Buy a lamp and shade
-Find wall shelves
-Still need to get him a baby book
-Make yarn letter (I have had the stuff to do it for 4 months now)
WOW a little daunting, especially since I have known what I wanted to do in his room since I was pregnant with Olivia. Now to get a move on!!!

      Gator Game Day Outfit                                        
 
I stopped by Babies R Us one day after work 2 weeks ago to pick up the cloth diapers and stopped by the clothes to look. I couldn't help myself with the amazing sales they were having. I got the little man 2 pair of shorts (the Kahki shown on the left are one and the same pair in navy), 3 hats, 2 pair of shoes (black and white ones shown above), a onsie short outfit, and a water shirt for $15!!!! Each item cost $2 or $1, such a bargain shopper! How could I help myself?


We have a very busy month coming up between this TO DO list and baby showers (not to mention  concerts, Valenitine's Day, and birthday's, one of which is MINE). One of my best friends is due within days of us so I have been helping to plan her shower which is the weekend before ours (and they are in 3 & 4 weeks). Yikes can you see my list growing as I speak type?

No comments:

Post a Comment