Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh the Things People Say

When I was pregnant I wanted to write a book about all the things that people said to me, instead I will just quickly fill you in. Let's start with my favorite:

1.) "Is that a fake belly?" Yup some woman asked me that when I was 9 months pregnant. Oh that is really what I want to do when it 90 degrees in May, walk around with extra weight just for fun.

2.) "Oh your having twins!"..."Nope, just one."..."Are you sure?"...No my doctor lied to me and the sonograms are fake!

3.) Ok so it's an old thing that if you are having a boy you are all belly and if you are having a girl you gain a lot in your hips, back, and butt... "Your having a boy."..."No, it's a girl."..."Oh turn around...oh yea its a girl."...Thank you I guess that means that I have gained a whole lot of weight.

4) Well, anywhere I went little kids always looked at me funny because I guess pregnant women are interesting. But one day I had  creepy little girl that got about 3 feet from me and continued to get closer until she was practically standing on my feet. The weird thing was that when she thought I wasn't looking she kept trying to touch my belly. Weird...where were her parents?

I thought the weird comments were going to be over once I had Olivia, but they continue...

Today at the airport a woman sat down next to me and said, "Oh is she 2 weeks old?," and I looked at her and said, "No, she is 7 weeks old.", then the lady said, "Oh I thought she was just a big one." The nerve saying that she was a BIG baby, she is pretty tiny for 7 weeks.

I also  have no idea how many times I have been asked when I was out if my child was a boy...my favorite thing is that she will have a bow in her hair, wearing pink, and be covered by a pink blanket. Why would I dress her in pink and put a bow in her hair if it was a boy?

I will continue to add more to this as they occur and I am sure they will because people don't think before they speak.

1 comment: