Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mommyhood

It is really hard to think that the only reason that babies survive is because we allow them to. After carrying her for 9 months and protecting her so that she would grow and develop, the love that I felt then has only magnified. I have never wanted to care for and love someone or something more then I do Olivia! I feel like this is what I was meant to be...a Mommy!

A very proud Mommy!


It has now been over a month and the crying, diapers, and sleepless nights have only made me love her more. I will not lie and say that being a parent is not a challenge, but figuring out what cry means what has been exciting. Thankfully she can not talk back yet, but she sure does have a lot to say. My favorite is when we put her in the bed between us and she lays there kicking her feet just talking away.

Olivia is such a happy baby and now she smiles voluntarily and she laughs too! I have been putting her in her play mat and she lays there laughing, smiling, and talking to the pieces that are hanging above her head. I would love to know the conversations she has with the "baby" in the mirror.

Ready for bed!


Waking up and looking at her little face and being able to spend every day with her is such a blessing. I am so lucky to be able to do that. We play, take trips, and read all her books. I now have a partner in crime to take to the mall and blame shopping sprees on. Daddy can't get mad at his little Princess!

I love the way that she looks at me with her big blue eyes, it just melts my heart. I feel so protective of her and it makes it so hard to be away from her, even if she is across the room. I know that if she hears my voice, she will stop and look to see if she can find me. It's so unbelievable that since birth she has known my voice and knows that I am her Mommy.

Being her Mommy is so rewarding!!!

So happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment