Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Holiday Reflection

I know, I know I have slacked on the posts this last week (ok over a week), but it was for good reason. I was spending 2 glorious weeks off with my little Princess and my Hubby along with our families. It was precious time that I will never forget. Everyone was in great holiday spirits and soaking up each moment. There was baking, shopping, lots of breakfasts, lunch meetings (not the kind you get paid for :)), family dinners, and oh the holiday's!


Olivia's second Christmas has come and gone but it was amazing. She may not have sat through Christmas Eve Mass, but I did for her. It is one of my favorites and one I hate missing. The songs, the decorations, and everyone all dressed up in their holiday finest (except the women in front of us who choose to wear shorty shorts, sweater, and boots...God doesn't want to see what he made). While I sang inside Olivia played in the large Nativity scene outside, hey at least she was playing with Jesus.

Christmas morning our little angel slept until almost 8:30, allowing us to enjoy tea, coffee, and a little breakfast. We had 3 Christmas' and many meals with our families, it was heaven. Of course Olivia was spoiled by everyone and Santa. She even broke in her new fishing rod from her Daddy and caught her very first fish.


We enjoyed a quite after Christmas week around the house playing with all of the new toys and checking out the malls a few times. Ben got to go diving and fishing on New Year's Eve then we closed the year with our tradition Kobe's dinner. Instead of parting it up this year we spent a quite night at home just the 3 of us. When I say quite I mean by 10:30 our house was silent, no TV, no stirring mice, just 3 tired people tucked in tight.


But just because the 2011 ended quietly doesn't mean that 2012 began the same way. We spent New Year's day with my family, playing with more new toys, taking a few naps, and enjoying the traditional sauerkraut and pork (it's good luck and yummy). After which Ben and I headed to Jacksonville to attend the Gator Bowl on Monday. I would say our year is off with a bang and should prove to be another amazing year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment