Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mommy VS. Germs

Who will win this fight? Mommy!!! I guess it's back to being a Germ Nazi. On Wednesday I spoke with Olivia's Doctor about some concerns that came up since Saturday. He wanted me to bring her right in and so we did. It turns out that Olivia has a little bacteria infection called Thrush in her mouth. Somehow she got something dirty or someone who touched her did not have clean hands in her mouth. This is contagious, who knew? So, now my poor little one is on antibiotics to get this gross stuff to go away. No wonder she has been so miserable this week, her mouth has been bothering her so much.

I think people forget that she is still an infant and her little immune system is still very fragile. From now on family and friends need to wash their hands before touching. If I allow anyone to touch her again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment