Friday, February 25, 2011

28th Year

Thursday February 24, 2011, a day to celebrate the beginning of my 28th year proved to be a day full of amazing surprises. Ben has been telling me for 3 month's that he had planned the whole day for me, but he would not tell me anything about what we were doing. He just kept saying that I was going to have to wait.  As much as I love surprises it killed me to have to wait all that time to see what special things we were going to do.

Surprise present in my car, from Hubby!


I did have to work for a few hours in the morning which consisted of me sitting on I-4 trying to make it to a meeting in Lake Mary (I didn't), instead I was trapped in my car next to a Dunkin Doughnuts truck. What kind of sick twisted universe is this? I am on a diet trying to lose the baby weight, I am starving, and it's my birthday. As I drove down the exit lane of the first exit I came to, to escape the madness that was I-4, I saw it gleaming in the morning sun like gold. There it was a sign pointing to a Dunkin Doughnuts, Dear God you are amazing, I see your sign and raise you a chocolate covered doughnut with sprinkles. HEAVEN!!!

This made my drive back home much happier eating my breakfast and belting the lyrics to the Leagally Blonde soundtrack! This is the way to start a great day. Until I made it home and had to email my reports before I took off the rest of the day.

Ben made it home by 11 and was rushing me to get ready because we were on a time crunch! But first thing's first Buddy it's present time! I sat on the floor in Olivia's room with her crawling over me as we opened my gifts together. I have the best family ever and I opened one gift and Ben would enter the room again with another.

Best lil helper!

From Olivia and Oakley


Ok Buddy we can leave now! It was off to a beautiful lunch watching the sights of downtown at Urban Flats, then my first surprise!!! Ben scheduled us for a couple's massage and pedicure at the Grand Bohemian Spa. Those of you who know my husband will appreciate the real surprise was that he was sitting next to me enjoying every minute. I was like Butta when we left with beautiful pink toes looking back up at me.

A quick run home to shower and change for dinner, which was a work thing I had to attend at 310 Downtown. Not bad we had a great time, luckily my work colleagues are funny people. My last and final surprise for the night was a short O-Cart ride back to the Amway Center we were at the night before. But it wasn't a Magic Game, it was for the Brad Paisley concert!!! Oh I was so excited, we love him and even danced our first dance as husband and wife to Then! 





Let me say before that we got to our seats ready to enjoy the concert, I put my beer in the cup holder on the seat and set my purse under that. All of a sudden our row of 5 collapsed and the seats fell forward! I was now wearing my beer and my $300 handbag was covered in beer as well. Huh, how do you like that! They made us stand at the top of the stairs, then back at the bottom, until finally they moved us closer to the stage where we were able to watch the concert.

Trying to fix our seats.

Poor Seats


After all of that drama we enjoyed one of the best concerts I have been to in a long time. Ben really made the day special and unforgettable. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to top this for his birthday. I have 6 month's to figure it out.


Best Birthday Ever

Whats Up Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment