Wednesday, February 16, 2011

'Oh Baby The Places You'll Go'

Ok I know that I have procrastinated on getting this post up, but I have been relishing every moment watching Olivia go from what Ben has lovingly referred to as army crawling (she learned this on December 13) to taking 2-3 tries crawling only to go back to belly-to-floor scooting. But as I was dressing her on her 8 Month Birthday she gave herself a great present, she began to crawl. Not just the 2-3 tries, but the whole way across her room.

She's off!

Why are babies so much faster when they are naked?


Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go, now that you are mobile and so interested in what this world has to offer. You are off and ready to experience as much as you can. I love watching you crawl from one place to another and how when you are about half way there you turn and look over your shoulder to see where Daddy and I are. When you fund us you just get this big smile on your face and continue on your way.

Trying to find us amongst the tulle.


When you have reached a destination and you really don't mind what it is, you reach up and hold on as you pull yourself to standing. One of your favorites is the toy basket in your room. I love watching you as you stand over it peering inside trying to find just the right toy to pull out. Sometimes you find one right away and others it takes a few moments and you get this very serious look on your little face.






I have learned to sit back and just drink in every moment with you, I chant to myself...'Stay the way you are, don't grow anymore, stay little.' I know the sand in the hour glass continues to drip out and with it your babiness fades to Big Girl time.

No comments:

Post a Comment