Wednesday, March 14, 2012

38 Weeks {Benjamin}

Today was our final appointment before the little man makes his arrival. We had another sonogram to measure the fluid and the baby's weight. Everything looked great, the fluid levels went from 26 to 23, and the baby is now measuring approximately 9.6lbs which is up from 8lbs 2 weeks ago. Now we all know these tests have about a 15% chance of being wrong. We shall see about that!

We got to see his little face today the way that he was turned into the sonogram it was so neat to see his little features. I will scan them in tomorrow and put them up to share.

After the sonogram we saw Dr. Peppy and went over a lot of information (a little overwhelmed here) and have our final game plan all ready. There is a 50/50 chance that the baby may not fit and could have to have his humorous or collarbone broken to get him out (remember I am only 5'1 so I may not have the space to get out a little chunky monkey). So the plan is to be induced normally at 4am on Monday morning and if anything goes just a little off of a normal path I will have a c-section right away. Thankfully I trust my doctor completely and am very grateful that he will be there with me the whole time.

Now that I have calmed myself and been reassured by my Mommy and sweet texts and calls from my family and girlfriends, I think I can make it through the weekend. I know that seeing his little face will make things all better and I won't care how he got here, but I maybe a margarita might help just that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment