Wednesday, February 1, 2012

32 Weeks {Benjamin}

A little preview of our maternity/family photo session done at 32 Weeks.

I can't believe how time is just flying by now. Each day that passes is one day closer to meeting this little man and I am more then ready. I feel like this kid has no more room in there, how is he supposed to make it another 8 weeks? Things are pretty uncomfortable around here, it's getting heavy...my belly that is, sitting for too long or standing for too long is not pleasant, doing anything at the kitchen counter is a new challenge because I have to stand so far away or sideways...neither of which feels good, and I am ready to sleep on my belly again.

This morning I headed to my 32 week check up and as always everything is going great. Dr. P is happy with my weight gain, the baby's BPM is a strong 142, it was a good check all around. I go back in 2 weeks for the last time and after that I am back every week. I am schedule at 36 (February 29) weeks for an ultrasound to do all the measurements and weight guestamate. Since I have been so lovingly told by lots of people most of which are complete strangers (and I am sure that they are all qualified OB's) how giant I am, that I will be giving birth in the next week or so, and that my doctor is wrong that indeed I must be having twins, I asked Dr. P his thoughts. He has assured me that there is only 1 child in there, that my belly growth is right on track for week 32, and that he is fairly certain that I will get very close to the 40 week mark but that if I go early it won't be anytime soon.

Side note: People I am only 5'1 (yup that is right, I'm pretty tiny) and there is only so much room that I can allow this baby to exist in. Please realize this before you let your mouth beat your brain to the finish line.

Mommy's out there you will understand my next 2 issues. How does one get stretch marks the 2nd time around? I thought my body knew its job here and did enough stretching the first time? Over the past week before my morning shower I have been checking out these pink lines just under my belly button. I kept thinking they were lines from my pj's since I can't get a clear view of them. But since they haven't gone away and are in the same spot I know they are the nasty things I didn't want. With Olivia I got a couple on my behind (easily covered) but they have since disappeared, now I have them in a place where people will see them if I ever dare to put on a bikini again! The other thing is I am about sick of seeing so much of the bathroom, no fear it's just to pee. But what a waste of my time it has become, I have to go all the time. However there isn't much that comes out. Fun stuff around here people!

We have done our hospital tour since we didn't do it the first time. Yes, even though we have been through it once it is always nice to have a refresh, plus we were induced the first time so it was a bit different then the tour. I learned a bit and got to see where Olivia was born again! Ahh memories!

Sunday we headed out in the morning to meet Katie at Baldwin Park to have our Family/Maternity pictures done. We braved the chilly air for an hour and had a great time. Olivia just held onto her Pooh Bear and Minnie Mouse as she checked everything out. I have seen a little preview and they look amazing. KMH Fotografie
The To-Do-List
-Clear out his room
-Paint the walls and baseboards (hopefully done in the next week)
-Order the furniture (which will be done by Feb. 1, its all picked out: crib, dresser, and glider)
-Find a nightstand/small table for beside the glider.
-Order the rest of the bedding
-Make 2 small pillow covers
-Make curtains
-Make a whale mobile
-Ben is going to build a bookshelf

This one to be exact...I love the bead board on the back. We are just going to modify the top so we don't have pointy edges. Seriously I love Pinterest!
















-Finish the burp cloths
-Make a blanket (I did this for Olivia)
-Bought more material to make more blankets (Olivia included I can't leave her out).

New Material











-Get our room set up for him (partialy done)
-Reorganize the kitchen cabinet to add bottles and things back in
-Find a diaper bag big enough for 2 kids (Yikes any suggestions???)
-Buy a lamp and shade x2
-Need to buy baskets for organizing
-Find wall shelves
-Still need to get him a baby book (thankfully I have been keeping a Shutterfly album updated)
-Make yarn letter (I have had the stuff to do it for 4 months now)
-Pack Hospital Bags



No comments:

Post a Comment