Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hives

I sure learned a lot this weekend, I found out that there is something called Post Infection Hives. Saturday morning Olivia woke up and while I was giving her a bath I noticed that she had hives all over the back of her thighs. I didn't give it much thought since she hadn't eaten anything and they didn't seem to be bothering her. Once she was cleaned they went away.

As we were leaving our shower that afternoon I noticed that she had another hive that came up on her knee. Gigi checked it out and figured no big deal. So we got home and she took a good long nap. When she woke up we had a snack and as she was sitting on our friends lap I noticed her legs had hives all over them, so I checked out the rest of her and she had them everywhere but her head and under her diaper. Ok this time I freaked out a little and called my mom (I never knew how much having a pediatric nurse so close would come in so handy until I had Olivia). She told me to make sure she was breathing fine (she was), check in her mouth, and then put her in the bath and let her play. While she played we face timed so she could see everything. Below is what I was looking at.

























After bath time they went away again and so it was time for dinner and obviously an early night for us. Get ready for Ground Hogs Day because when we woke up Sunday morning and went to check her out she was just beginning to show the hives again! What in the world is going on with my poor baby? I called her pediatrician right away and spoke with a nurse who put me at ease. Since she wasn't having problems breathing and she wasn't scratching at them all we could do is wait it out.

We decided to head to Babies R Us to pick up the dresser and order the glider. Guess who we ran into as I was signing the papers? Dr. P her pediatrician! It could not have happened at a better time. We chatted with him and his wife and he gave her a free check in the furniture department. Apparently you can get post infection hives after being pretty sick. So we just need to wait them out!

Wow after 2 weeks of sickness and hives maybe things will calm down a little before the baby gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment