Friday, February 10, 2012

Control Freak In High Gear

I have been told that I need to let my Control Freak go for a while, because she is causing me much unneeded stress and anxiety. In the past week or so I have been reminded what this stress and anxiety can do on an already over worked pregnant body. Braxton Hicks, cramping, and heart palpitations, needless to say I have talked to my Dr. a lot. No worries, so far so good!

Not only am I in full on nesting mode with a husband at home who would rather make the mess, we are going on 2 weeks of being sick in my house (which means down time in poor use), and I am also worrying about all those other little things that I need to prepare for Benjamin's arrival.

Such as my desperate search for certain items for my hospital bag because I have this fear that he is going to come early and I will not have this thing packed. I think I am going to have to break down and order online. I can't even say that this is an irrational fear because, of all the things going on with my body, I feel that he may very well come early! Yikes. Is it sad that the only pj's I have to take to the hospital are some of Ben's shirts that I have been wearing?

I guess I need to add gift for Olivia from Benjamin to my list as well! Ahh see it growing before your very eyes. 

Ok it may be a little sad that I have a typed up hospital packing list, but I live my life on lists. If you saw how many lists I have right now you would laugh.

Since our shower is tomorrow and the dresser is ready to be picked up I can then spend Sunday doing his laundry. This way at least he will have clean clothes to come home too. His room won't be done and his closet may still be full of storage items but clothes he must have.

His Nursery Checklist is super slowly being checked off. But not quick enough to calm my nerves.
 
My goal for the next few weeks is to calm myself down, try to relax, and just enjoy the end of this pregnancy. Because let's face it I only have just my little Princess for a few more weeks. I am soaking up all my Olivia time that I can right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment