Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's All About OLIVIA

How is it possible that we are going to have 2 children in less then 2 months? Wow, my little Princess is going to be a big sister very soon! I can't believe it and so I have come to the conclusion that we need to spend as much time in these last weeks as a family of 3 before we become 4. I will chase rainbows and unicorns! I want to shower Olivia with as much Mommy and Daddy time as she can stand. There is so much I want to do with her and be able to give her our full attention.

Things like:
-A little Olivia photo shoot
-Trip to the Zoo
-Ice Cream and because I don't know what you call it...the big joint bike ride out at the Boardwalk at Disney
-Take more walks together
-Visit the playground more often
-Get back to Sea World
-Go to the beach

She loves her little brother already and is constantly kissing my belly, rubbing him, and yes jumping on him. What can I say I have a daredevil. Here is a video that I love from many weeks back. I know that she is going to be amazing with him, not that I don't think we will have our moments where she will smack, kick, poke, and prod at him. We will deal with those as they come. For now I will relish the amazing relationship I hope that they share.




She lifted my shirt so she could sleep with her brother!
 I have not really worried much about how I am going to do this, parent-2-kids-at-once thing. But as we get closer it seeps from the back of my mind to the front. I find myself thinking so much more about it, not worrying that I can't do it, just how I am going to do it. Like, how am I going to nurse or feed Benjamin and deal with Olivia if I am alone? (I'm a planner folks it may not work out like I think in my head but I feel better if I have a plan.) So I think, can you just get up and move while you have an infant attached to you? How am I going to work out bed time routines when Ben is at the bar? Can I grow an extra pair of arms by March or even better clone myself? Silly maybe, but the thoughts still remain. I just remind myself all is going to work out just the way it's planned, because God would never give us more then He knows we can handle. That and I have so many family and friends that I can rely on if I need the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment